First Impressions: Ways to Freshen Up Your Guest Bedroom
A new year gives us a fresh start. And, now that your guests have left after the holiday season, it’s the perfect time to give your guest room a little facelift.
The first thing to consider when redecorating a guest room is— what makes a guest feel welcome? While the easiest way to decorate a guest room is to utilize any “extra” furniture you have, staying in a mismatched space may not make guests feel at home. With that in mind, here are a few tips and tricks to make sure your guests feel welcome:
- No Place Like Home – Guests always appreciate the little things that add a whole lot of cozy to the space—anything from fresh flowers and extra blankets to phone chargers and the Wifi password displayed lets your guest know you thoughtfully prepared for their arrival.
- Disconnect to Reconnect – Guests come to visit for a variety of reasons, but a change from their routine is typically high on the list. Help your guests disconnect from their day to day—and catch a few extra winks—in a warm and inviting bed. A simple, metal-frame bed can give a bed-and-breakfast feel without too much of an investment.
- (Bath) Room Service – Make sure to keep the guest bathroom stocked with plenty of towels and toiletries. You don’t necessarily need to keep mini shampoos around, but making sure the essentials are stocked will keep guests from having to ask for something.
- Suite Dreams – Having a cohesive set of furniture in your guest room will allow guests to feel almost as if they’re staying in an expensive hotel. Even if you don’t offer room service, a gender-neutral bedroom set, like our Addison Collection, will keep your guests feeling as if they’re staying in the lap of luxury.
- Cheers to Family & Friends! – Last but not least, be sure to keep your guests’ favorite libation on hand. You never know how they’ll want to relax during their stay, and having their favorite beer, wine, or spirits on hand will save them a trip to the store.
What’s your favorite way to greet guests? We’d love to hear in the comments below!